Saturday, February 12, 2011

jamba mamba

i was downtown yesterday working my way through a long, long, long list of errands.  i had the foresight to eat a meal before leaving the house, but a couple hours into my intense productivity i needed a snack pronto.  downtown snacking can be tricky with the tourists, lines and crappy food courts creating the false illusion of good snacking options. something that’s across the street can actually mean 30 minutes between you and your snack.  but then it hit me.  one of my favorite snacking joints was only one block and one escalator ride away.  jamba juice in the basement of the mall.   a peach perfection or berry razzle dazzle with a shot of protein boost and a side of pirates bootie is most definitely in my top ten list of favorite snacks.  needing to put down my bags for a minute, i sat at the same table as an older gentlemen.  i asked if it was okay if i shared his table—he was also enjoying the jamba so i felt like maybe that would create some camaraderie.  he nodded yes and said, “but let me tell you, missy…don’t drink that too fast.  i just got one helluva brain freeze.  i’m still recovering.”    sage advice, mister.   so here’s to my old friend jamba and my new friend mr. brain freeze.  and here’s to hoping those weird probiotic yogurt places don’t permanently nudge out the king of fruit smoothies.

snack shared: jamba!

jamba: if it's good enough for joe jonas, it's good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. inspired by your love of jamba......best smoothie in my life at fresh choice in chicago. i vote raspberry cappuccino-- so good it tastes like a shake. a snack so good i get it in the cold winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a green tea smoothie in sydney at juice boost. delicious! just sweet enough, but not too sweet. you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete